Wednesday, January 27, 2021
What the heck is SEO?
Maybe you've read a lot about search engine optimization already. Roughly simplified, one can say that the idea of SEO is:
- Building a website in a way that places it among the top search results on the major search engines on the web, when you search with keywords that are related to the content of the website.
Search engines use simple software to index web pages, and the program analyzes the content of a website to determine what the website is about. Should a keyword be integrated so that it appears naturally in the text, the search engines will see the site as relevant to the keyword, making it rank higher among the search results.
If the optimization is done correctly, it will lead to more interested visitors visiting the site. But search engine optimization is not just about making sure you have keywords in the text, alt tags, page titles and meta description.
You also need to review and adjust the content of the entire site with regard to:
- Relevance, timeliness, readability and grammar of the text content.
- Information value. Is the website a "stand-alone" source of knowledge in your field?
- Navigability. Does the website have short and logical paths to more information / contact page etc.?
Inbound links. Does your website have other websites that link to it? Relevant blogs, mentions with links in social media, etc.
What does it take to succeed in SEO?
There is a lot to say about it. Google is constantly making adjustments to its algorithms in order to deliver the best possible search results, but it is always best to start from scratch if you want to keep up in the long run.
I think it is most important to first choose the right keywords for their SEO. When it comes to online searches, it is common for people to search with a single word and some of these single words can be incredibly popular, but rarely lead to contacts or purchases.
There are also words / phrases that are specific to a particular industry and so special that no one searches for them. The optimal keyword is one that relatively many people search for and that leads to visits and possible contact or purchase.
Search engines (read Google) require well-written, relevant, unique text with sufficient informational value. The keywords / phrases must be written into the text in a natural way.
The next post on "The road to success on the web" is about search engine friendly VS user-friendly web design.
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
General guide on how to use Facebook in your marketing
Before you start using the Facebook page, it is good to develop a strategy for your company's presence in social media.
What do you want to achieve? Are you looking for more potential customers, more direct sales, increase awareness of your brand, feedback on products directly from consumers? And so on.
. It is also good if you prepare yourself by thinking about things like:
- Are we prepared to let go of control over our brand? You can not participate in social media without being social. Because it involves participating in a conversation with customers and contacts, you need to give up some control. In order to be able to positively influence what is said about you on social media, you should think about what you are going to say in different situations.
- How should you handle all new dialogues? Who or what in the company should take care of the presence on Facebook? You need to have something to say and someone at your company needs to communicate it on a regular basis.
- Maybe you have someone that you are willing to put in charge of your Facebook page? Maybe one of your salespeople would think it would be fun to try a new way of interacting with customers and contacts.
- Invite everyone you know. Friends and business contacts (You can search for people and companies by using the search box at the top).
- Add "follow us on Facebook" - button on the start page and contact page at your company site.
- Invite to the Facebook page via your newsletter if you have one.
- Start discussions about what you think engages your fans. Then participate in the discussions.
- Upload photos and divide them into different albums. Do not forget to describe what they disguise and "tag" each individual image with a few words that are representative of the image.
- Use the event function if you have different events to invite to.
- Make polls about what people think of your products / services.
- Offer product samples if fans test and write a review (review).
- Distribute free resources. For example, record a video about "build your own…".
- Make updates with the right frequency (maximum one post / day). Mix the content to keep the interest of the fans.
- Do not fill in with your own advertising and offers all the time. Keep in mind that marketing in social media such is a delicate business. Facebook is a place to cultivate contacts and communicate with consumers NOT a place for marketing in the traditional sense.
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Can Social Media Be A Part Of Your Digital Marketing?
Today, many companies and organizations use social media to communicate with their target audiences, as it is a quick and easy way to reach out and create a dialogue.
Social media marketing is about positioning your brand through two-way communication with customers and contacts. It is not a place for advertising and marketing in the traditional sense.
You should be prepared to set aside time and engage employees to follow up on feedback and contacts. As in all marketing, the right form of communication is important for success.
You must be clear about what you want to say and why, what your target group is and what needs it may have. In other words, it's not a good idea to start a company page on Facebook in a hurry and then start thinking about the purpose and goal of it.
The most popular method of marketing in Social Media is viral marketing.
Viral marketing is a marketing method that is based on a message, service or product that is so unique and interesting that the individuals who are exposed to it have a great tendency to, without incentive, spread it further to their circle of acquaintances.
The method of spreading the message is also called the "Word-of-Mouth" method or Viral Marketing.
A common method for companies that want to market themselves in this way is to provide people who are perceived to give the right image to what the company has to offer with the company's goods / services. People who use the companies' goods / services and who have what the company perceives as the right image often influence their surroundings to buy similar goods / services.
The method is also useful through dissemination via the internet, and often occurs in the form of funny videos that are uploaded to YouTube in particular. YouTube can also be counted on as social media because people can interact by commenting and liking / disliking.
Video sharing sites such as YouTube serve as meeting places on the Internet where it is possible to share videos and watch what others have posted. The video sites are divided by subject areas, so if you have a video in your area that arouses interest, there is a good chance that it will be discovered.
If it receives many comments, it is passed on to people who are interested in things that your video is about. Your movies are not only found through searches on YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafé and more. Google also includes popular videos in its regular search results.
When your video is commented on and gets popularity votes, it starts to rise in the search results on Google for your most important keywords. Your video can get even more spread through blogs and Facebook, among other things.
You can help build your brand with the help of the advertising TV of the future. It is not one-way propaganda like traditional TV commercials. In the future, digital marketing, PR and advertising will become increasingly interactive.
Nowadays, people want to be involved and say what they think in all possible contexts. Therefore, it is good if you find ways to communicate with your target groups so that you can keep up with developments in digital marketing. Facebook is a good place to start.
The next post will be a small guide about how to use Facebook in your digital marketing.